East 7 is the voice of housing in the East of England.
We are an informal alliance of eight of the largest developing housing associations based across the East of England’s six counties. Our members are bpha Ltd, Circle, Cross Keys Homes, Estuary Housing Association, Flagship Housing, Grand Union, Hightown Praetorian & Churches Housing Association, and North Hertfordshire Homes.
- Directly employ more than 5,000 people;
- Manage more than 150,000 properties; and
- House 350,000 people.
Working together, our aims are clear:
- To maintain existing housing provision in the region in a way that meets the needs and ambitions of our divergent communities.
- To develop new affordable housing.
- To make the East of England an attractive place in which to invest through work with the voluntary, public and private sectors.
- To provide a wide range of excellent housing and support services for our residents and communities.
Meeting these aims requires the support of both central and local government and extensive collaboration on policies and investment. This is precisely why East 7 regularly responds to government consultations, develops policy positions, commissions research reports and hosts events and meetings that seek to raise awareness of our work and the needs of communities.